Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Proper work

(backposting) A major meeting today with other members of a project we're bidding on. Cancelled my flight, and took the train with the others, and spent some good time talking to John.


Heard, on the train, that Certicom were planning to offer me a job. And so I had a few calls with them, trying to sort out the details of the package. I'd already told Moo that it I was offered the job, I was minded to take it, as long as she was happy, and once I got home, we had a good chat about it all. The main issues are:


  • will there be more travel? If so, will this be balanced by the fact that I'll be able to spend more time at home?
  • will Certicom be supportive of my ordination training?
  • is it risky from a career point of view?
  • will there be enough interaction with other people to keep me interested and happy, unlike a previous job at Arcot, where I got, frankly, bored and lonely working at home. The main change is that working home has Jo and Moo around most of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home